V-locity® I/O Reduction software is designed to solve and prevent application performance degradation at the source, relieving stress and frustration from user complaints and reliability issues. V-locity eliminates the two big I/O inefficiencies in a virtual environment that generate a minimum of 30-40% I/O traffic chewing up storage IOPS and slowing down your system.
Installing V-locity 7 is a quick, easy and effective fix, no reboot required. The first step to improving your server performance is downloading V-locity and starting your Proof of Concept.
Here are some helpful tips that will set you up to get the very best results
- Login to your account to access your V-locity software OR download a free 30-day trial of the software.
- Make sure you are using Windows Server 2008 R2 or later.
- Ensure there is at least 4 GB of Available Physical Memory on each machine when checking MSINFO32.EXE (System Information Report) at a peak load time. Note: It is necessary to limit the amount of memory that certain applications can take in order to leave at least 4 GB of memory free. Examples are SQL server, Exchange and Oracle on Windows.
- Plan to install V-locity on as many Windows machines that share the same storage as possible. If V-locity is only installed onto a small number of machines, you will only be optimizing a small percentage of the overall storage I/O traffic, which is likely to limit the results.
- IMPORTANT: If using V-locity in a firewalled environment, make sure the correct ports are open. The following ports need to be open for incoming and outgoing TCP packets between the V-locity Management Console and the other machines running V-locity: 135, 137, 139, 443, 445, 5985, 13568-13572, 3102
- Set aside a dedicated VM for the V-Locity Management Console (VMC). This should be running at least Windows Server 2008 R2 and have Internet Explorer 9 or later installed, or Chrome or Firefox.
This is a series of video tutorials to make sure your POC goes smoothly.
- How to install the V-locity 7 Management Consoles: https://youtu.be/IpdI6aU_8wI
- How to open the V-locity 7 Management Console for the first time: https://youtu.be/0_mtsZlu-YM
- How to add a license to the V-locity 7 Management Console: https://youtu.be/OZ2sa4Bb8_w
- How to deploy V-locity 7 from the V-locity Management Console: https://youtu.be/i6ogxKHia9o
- How to gather V-locity 7 dashboard report data for analysis: https://youtu.be/RusU_rkNX_U
Once you have gathered the V-locity 7 dashboard report data, email this to your sales rep or [email protected] for additional analysis.