V-locity® I/O Reduction software is designed to solve and prevent application performance degradation at the source, relieving stress and frustration from user complaints and reliability issues. V-locity eliminates the two big I/O inefficiencies in a virtual environment that generates a minimum of 30-40% I/O traffic chewing up storage IOPS and slowing down your system. Installing V-locity 7 is a quick, easy and effective fix, no reboot required. The first step to improving your server performance is downloading V-locity and starting your Proof of Concept.
Here are some helpful tips that will set you up to get the very best results
2. Make sure you are using Windows Server 2008 R2 or later.
3. Ensure there is at least 4 GB of Available Physical Memory on each machine when checking MSINFO32.EXE (System Information Report) at a peak load time. Note: It is necessary to limit the amount of memory that certain applications can take in order to leave at least 4 GB of memory free. Examples are SQL server, Exchange and Oracle on Windows.
4. Plan to install V-locity on as many Windows machines that share the same storage as possible. If V-locity is only installed onto a small number of machines, you will only be optimizing a small percentage of the overall storage I/O traffic, which is likely to limit the results.
If using V-locity in a firewalled environment, make sure the correct ports are open. The following ports need to be open for incoming and outgoing TCP packets between the V-locity Management Console and the other machines running V-locity: 135, 137, 139, 443, 445, 5985, 13568-13572, 3102
6. Set aside a dedicated VM for the V-Locity Management Console (VMC). This should be running at least Windows Server 2008 R2 and have Internet Explorer 9 or later installed, or Chrome or Firefox.
This is a series of video tutorials to make sure your POC goes smoothly.
1. How to install the V-locity 7 Management Consoles: https://youtu.be/IpdI6aU_8wI
2. How to open the V-locity 7 Management Console for the first time: https://youtu.be/0_mtsZlu-YM
3. How to add a license to the V-locity 7 Management Console: https://youtu.be/OZ2sa4Bb8_w
4. How to deploy V-locity 7 from the V-locity Management Console: https://youtu.be/i6ogxKHia9o
5. How to gather V-locity 7 dashboard report data for analysis: https://youtu.be/RusU_rkNX_U
Once you have gathered the V-locity 7 dashboard report data, email this to your sales rep or [email protected] for additional analysis.